Posted by: admin | April 10, 2015
Anzac biscuits are always popular. Here is a recipe from the Australian Heart Foundation Site. Why not make a donation to the Australian Heart Foundation
These classic biscuits are a simple and delicious treat. Perfect with morning or afternoon tea.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 1/2 cup Lowan Rolled Oats*
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup sugar
90g Tick approved margarine
1 tbs golden syrup
1 tbs boiling water
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan-forced).
2. Mix together the oats, flour and sugar in a medium bowl.
3. Using a microwave oven or stove top, heat margarine together with golden syrup until melted.
4. In a small bowl, combine water and bicarbonate of soda then add into the golden syrup mix while stirring.
5. Pour syrup into the dry ingredients and mix together to combine.
6. Roll a tablespoon of mixture into balls and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Press down tops to flatten slightly.
7. Bake for approximately 13 minutes or until golden brown. Stand for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
NB Recipe and image provided courtesy of Lowan Whole Foods.