now browsing by author
Posted by: admin | August 29, 2017
Try our beautifully creamy Passionfruit Creams. Just the right amount of bite and the right amount of passion fruit flavour in a smooth cream cookie.
Buy Bush Cookies Passionfruit Cream biscuits at Harris Farm Market stores Savor them, Tell your boyfriend you made them, they are all handmade
Posted by: admin | August 24, 2015
What is the difference between Freckle Bickkies, Smarty Cookies or M & M Cookies we get asked. Well they are pretty much the same thing.
Chocolate Smarties are different brand of a similar candy coated chocolate buttons product to M & Ms. Bush Cookies just happen to use chocolate M & Ms in our Freckle Bikkie as a variation to Chocolate Chips. Below is a basic recipe for baking either Chocolate chip Cookies, Smarty Cookies , M & M Cookies or as Bush Cookies call them Freckle Bikkies.
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch salt (optional)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup smarties (or 1 cup M&M’s or just use 2 cups milk chocolate chips)
Preheat your oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit
Combine in a your bowl: Flour, baking soda and salt
Then beat butter and sugar together in a mixer.
When well creamed (when you can see no yellowpeices) mix in the vanilla and the egg and beat them together.
Next you slowly add the dry ingredients and when well combined mix in the chocolate chips (or Smarties or M & Ms)
Let the batch cool in the fridge for 40 minutes
Then make little balls of dough by hand and flatten on to a cookie sheet.
Bake them at 325 Fahrenheit for around 20 minutes depending on size of the cookie formations.
When baked take then from the oven and cool them on the cookie sheet for a few minutes then place them on your wire cooling rack.
When cooled find a quite place to gobble them by your self with a glass of milk or a cup of black tea.
NOTE: Food recipes produce different results for different people, as ingredient specifications vary in different regions, stoves are not all accurate in temperature settings or air movement, and people mix the ingredients in different ways. This in not one of the Bush Cookies secret recipes, but a popular recipe published on the internet by an unknown author.
You can of course achieve a perfect cookie every time by buying a Bush Cookies Freckle Bikkie or Bush Cookies Chock Chip cookie from a gourmet grocery store near you.
A super crunchy vanilla butter biscuit infused with white chocolate chips and loads of chocolate M & Ms. For the lad in our house or the lad in you.
Posted by: admin | June 20, 2015
Bush Cookies the famous enough Australian gourmet cookie suppliers have moved from U14/ 6a Prosperity Pde Warriewood NSW 2102 to Warners Bay.
Retailers can now find them at unit 3, 339 Hillsborough Road, Warners Bay NSW .
Directors said “The move allows more space for growth, as the cookie range continues in popularity among consumers.”
Biscuits and cookies remain Australia’s favourite snack food due to their long shelf life taste and convenience.
A cookie can can always give you a quick burst and hence is a popular carb. for snacking.
Posted by: admin | April 11, 2015
The art of decorating cookies has become a huge pastime for many crafty hosts. Hand decorated cookies are favorites at a high tea event and add to the glamor and sophistication of the event. There are of course many social events that cry out for fresh high quality hand decorated cookies.
Professional decorator Amber Spiegel has produced an online course to teach the art of cookie decoration. Here is an extract from her page:-
“Make your cookies a delicacy of design, texture and color with professional decorator Amber Spiegel. Start by achieving the perfect royal icing consistency for different types of decorating. Then, learn to easily transfer intricate eyelet lace and other patterns onto your cookies. ”
“Make sophisticated fabric effects simple: luscious quilted textures, as well as breathtaking brush-embroidered flowers and borders. Antique your cookies with the look of gold marbling, cracked ceramic glazes and bronze edgings. Create rose accents with exquisite wet-on-wet techniques, eye-catching piping and more. Paint vibrant custom designs and radiant backdrops with edible watercolors. Texture your work to create “fuzzy” animal cookies and wavy icing for rustic chic treats. Make the most enticing treats at the table with new cookie-decorating techniques. ”
We recommend aspiring cookie decorators consider the wonderful cookie artwork ideas of Amber Spiegel
Posted by: admin | April 10, 2015
- 250g soft butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 cups plain flour
- Star-shaped biscuit cutters
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric beaters until smooth and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Stir in flour.
3. Roll out on a lightly floured surface until 5mm thick. Cut out star shapes with biscuit cutters.
4. Transfer to baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool completely and decorate.
Posted by: admin | April 10, 2015
Pistachio, oat and almond biscuits are delightfull . Here is their recipe from the Australian Heart Foundation web Site. Why not make a donation to the Australian Heart Foundation
Try these yummy biscuits for your next morning or afternoon tea date.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
3 tsp Flora pro-activ Original/Buttery*
*Products available with the Heart Foundation Tick. Remember all fresh fruit and vegetables automatically qualify for the Tick.
1. Place Flora pro-activ and honey in a microwave-safe bowl and melt on 20 per cent (low) power for 30-40 seconds.
2. Place the almonds, oats and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process for 30 seconds or until fine. With the mixer running, pour in the egg white and honey mixture and process for 40 seconds or until the mixture forms a smooth paste. Transfer mixture to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven 150°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
4. Roughly chop the extra almond flakes and pistachios and mix well to combine. Shape the mixture into small balls and slightly flatten. Roll in the combined almonds and pistachios, pressing the nuts firmly into the mixture. Place on the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until the biscuits are lightly browned. Cool on the baking tray before serving, and then sprinkle lightly with icing sugar.
5. Serve with a pot of tea.
Posted by: admin | April 10, 2015
Anzac biscuits are always popular. Here is a recipe from the Australian Heart Foundation Site. Why not make a donation to the Australian Heart Foundation
These classic biscuits are a simple and delicious treat. Perfect with morning or afternoon tea.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 1/2 cup Lowan Rolled Oats*
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup sugar
90g Tick approved margarine
1 tbs golden syrup
1 tbs boiling water
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan-forced).
2. Mix together the oats, flour and sugar in a medium bowl.
3. Using a microwave oven or stove top, heat margarine together with golden syrup until melted.
4. In a small bowl, combine water and bicarbonate of soda then add into the golden syrup mix while stirring.
5. Pour syrup into the dry ingredients and mix together to combine.
6. Roll a tablespoon of mixture into balls and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Press down tops to flatten slightly.
7. Bake for approximately 13 minutes or until golden brown. Stand for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
NB Recipe and image provided courtesy of Lowan Whole Foods.